Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: TRILOBITA.DE - Die Diskussions-Plattform für Trilobiten-Freunde. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

JOHANVAN

Nutzer

• »JOHANVAN« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 22. Juli 2014

Beruf: Retired

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 19. August 2014, 20:43

Visit to Marrakech

:303: Hello,

I will take a short visit to Marrakech (some days from 14 september 2014 till 17 september 2014, not enough to visit The Ultimate Trilobite Dream....)
Does anybody knows a serious adress in the souks (?) of Marrakech where I can see or buy some specimen?
It is known to me, that most offered trilobites are falsifications...is there not any serious seller or store in Marrakech?
The same question about books (antique or more modern) about trilobites from Marocco.
You see I never went to Marocco yet. :305:

With thanks,
JOHANVAN

Fred

The Inner Circle

Registrierungsdatum: 24. Oktober 2008

Beruf: Bioscience engineer

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 19. August 2014, 22:30

I do not know serious adresses in Marrakech, and based on what I have seen there on offer, I would not purchase unless you know what you're doing. But I saw no bargains in the souks. Prices are high and the material offered is largely questionable and otherwise badly prepped.

My recommendation is: enjoy Marrakech and the souks, take your time there to escape the busy traders by drinking tea on a rooftop every once in a while, enjoy looking at the fossils and other stuff.

And stay calm. :201:

Als je nog andere vragen hebt of zo, stuur gerust een mailtje.

Jens

Registrierungsdatum: 18. März 2007

Beruf: Geologe

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 19. August 2014, 23:37

Hi Johanvan,

Marrakech is beautiful for touristic reasons but not really for purchasing trilobites. I won't expect any extraordinary trilobite there, but as Fred said a lot of fakes or badly butchered specimens.

The same question was asked in other forums, the answers are more or less the same, summarized as: be carefully and when you buy then its better when you are experienced and even then its a good chance to be fooled.

look here: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g…ouz_Region.html

and I think something like that is to expect: http://www.fossilmuseum.net/collect/fake-trilobites.htm

Be carefully if you see a shop with carved snakes and scorpions on the matrix, its then a small chance that the trilobites are more real;-)

Anyway, Marrakech is nice but for trilobites only the starting point, you have to go at least to Erfoud, Merzouga, Alnif if you really want good stuff, but such a trip is not possible is such a short time.

As Fred said, enjoy your time, drink tea, see after the colourful life in Marrakech and relax;-)

all the best,
Jens
Was wäre die Welt ohne Trilobiten.
:267: :240: :272:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jens« (20. August 2014, 10:58)

JOHANVAN

Nutzer

• »JOHANVAN« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 22. Juli 2014

Beruf: Retired

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 20. August 2014, 11:49

Hi Fred and Jens,

thank you very much for all the good advices.
My wife is going with so I will have to go back later on, without...

Bye and so long,
JOHANVAN